It’s coming up to Independence Day already, and as always, the City of Minneapolis has you covered for ways to celebrate the holiday.
First, a few interesting facts about July 4th:
- The legal separation from Great Britain actually occurred on July 2nd 1776 when Congress voted to approve the independence.
- The reason we celebrate on the 4th is because that was when the official statement of the separation, the Declaration of Independence, was approved.
- There have been 3 former Presidents pass away on July 4th: John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe.
Key local events:
– Red, White & Boom: Twin Cities Half Marathon & more!
With a variety of options from 5km to half marathon to a virtual race, if running is what you like to do on Memorial Day, these guys have you covered. Register here.
– Anthony 4th in the Park
The only Independence Day Parade for St Paul for 2018, and what a schedule! They’re starting the day with their running shoes on too – the Langford Park Races start at 8.30am, before the Grand Parade kicks off at 11am. The party really gets started after the parade, with a full lineup in the bandstand, food trucks, horseshoe & volleyball tournaments. Learn more here.
– Fort Snelling Independence Day Celebration:
Spend the day at the Historic Fort Snelling and explore what “Freedom” meant in 19th Century America. Learn about how Independence Day has been celebrated throughout history, as well as the struggles for freedom and independence faced by many Americans. Buy tickets here.
– Lake Minnetonka Celebration:
Held from 9am – 10pm at Excelsior Commons Park, see the fireworks and check out the fair! Learn more here.
There are many more events happening around the city,
get more info here.
Looking to enter the market in time for the summer surge?
Get in touch with Brady today.